ahh, the 60's and 70's cookbooks really know how to stimulate your appetite.
some people have a hard enough time with eating the "oh so suspicious weenier".
these pictures below would send those on the fence, over the hot dog edge.
bacon wrapped double hot dog with processed cheese. who thinks of this????
Did you know?
interesting...I know for a fact that I may eat 10 hot dogs year.....maybe 5?
July is National Hot Dog Month An average American eats 60 hot dogs a year In 1893, hot dogs became the standard cuisine for baseball games. Controversial debate surrounds the creation of the hot dog. Who really created the first hot dog? Although the city of Frankfurt, Germany credits itself for the origin of the first frankfurter in 1852, some argue that Johann Georghehner, a butcher from Coburg, Germany created the first frankfurter in the 1600s.
60...who and where are these Average Americans ??????
FYI - hot dog relish is just mustard and relish mixed together.
tartar sauce is relish and mayo.
cocktail sauce is ketchup and horseradish.
thousand island dressing is ketchup, relish, and mayo.
Hot Dog Style Glossary• Chicago dogs: Yellow mustard, dark green relish, chopped raw onions, tomato slices, celery salt and a poppy seed bun.
looks more like a salad to me....
• Kansas City dogs: Sauerkraut and melted Swiss cheese on a sesame seed bun. yum!
• New York City dogs: Steamed onions and pale yellow mustard sauce.
• Coney Island dogs: Topped with a spicy meat mixture.
um...yuck. meat on meat.
• Southern slaw dogs: Served with coleslaw on top.
• Corn dogs: Placed on a stick, dipped in corn bread batter, and deep-fried.
my godson can eat like 9 of these in a sitting.
• Tex-Mex dogs: Topped with salsa, Monterey Jack cheese, and chopped jalapenos.
• Pigs in a Blanket: Wrapped in pastry and baked.....
below is a variation....called mummy dogs
• Baltimore Frizzled: Split and deep-fried.
• Lillies: Short for Lilliputians (from the Jonathan Swift novel Gulliver's Travels), these are about half the size of a man's thumb, also commonly called cocktail-size, and usually served as an appetizer in a sauce.
ALL THE FIXINS'
There’s bacon, and pinto beans and grilled onions, and a fireworks-burst of condiments: chopped fresh onions, chopped fresh tomatoes, jalapeño sauce, mayonnaise, mustard.
recipe for this sonoran dog here
Hot Dog Terms Regulated by Law• Beef or all-beef: Contains only beef with no soybean protein or dry milk solid fillers added.
• Kosher: All-beef, usually heavily seasoned with garlic.
• Meat: A mixture of pork and beef, usually 40 percent pork and 60 percent beef with no fillers.
• Frankfurter: May contain up to 3.5 percent fillers and made from a combination of meats.
french fry covered dog(gross picture, but I bet it tastes good)
yup, it is what you think it is......worlds longest hot dog, my question is why....now if was a devil dog, I would be so into it!!!!!!
Happy 4th to all of you that are out at a cook out or barbeque today, and struggling with the question of...... should I eat one or not........go ahead....it wont kill you. It may give you a mean case of heartburn, but it wont kill you!