Sunday, February 14, 2010

cabin craze

Every year I sort of get into this cabin fever funk.....I become obsessed with being busy through two of the "longest" months of the year.  One year I read every James Patterson, Harlan Cobin, and Janet Evanovich book I could get my hand on....On a good day I could read an entire book. Boy, did the housework suffer.  Actually, it suffers most days.
This winter it has been crocheting. My friend Shelley got me a crochet book, needle, and yarn for Christmas. Thanks to to the wonder of You Tube, and the internet I was able to teach myself to crochet.  I have tried knitting in the past, and gave it up because I was basically asked to by my friends....I looked in pain every time I tried to knit...and pretty much everything looked like crap when I was done. 
Ahh, but crocheting rocks....
maybe it's because I don't have to control 2 needles....only 1.
So...that is basically this years craze......
cotton, and wool!
 
 
 
 
My most recent projects are bowls......I love these basically because they are useful, and they are not a scarf.  Not that I am against scarfs, but I cant seem to crochet a normal one....I keep dropping stitches, so they come out looking "special"
However, I did find a pattern, and made these spiral scarfs.... I need a model....
this is made from soy and wool yarn...

 
this is 100% merino wool
 

then I taught myself how to make granny squares, here are a few of the ones I have finished....
I think I will make a blanket......100% wool

 
and a book on these....

haven't finished any animals yet...
I also love this....still needs a bit of love!

Most thing are close to being complete...I need to weave in some ends.
I also made about 50 flowers, a small bag(that was suppose to be a scarf), facecloths, and I am sure some other items that I am forgetting to mention......good goddess!
I also set to work on a craft area.....I use to have my own office, then an upstairs bedroom, but those now have other uses.....so, I emptied my clothes closet, and set up shop in there.
I think I am about 70% finished.....

 
 
so much STUFF so little space.  I will post more photos when I am done....
I really wanted it to look like these.....

 

















but that would be way to hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment