Saturday, August 7, 2010

a little nesting

The temperatures have dropped dramatically today. Yesterday, I was so HOT!!!!
Today, the air is a crisp cool.  When ever I feel that fall air, I started nesting...CHIRP.
Today I recovered some chairs, and I have a "new" Scandinavian dining table.
I had a 60" glass top table for years, I loved it but it was so big in my small space.
Now,  I have this wonderful teak rectangular table....it has 2 leaves that fold under the table...so it is very flexible!














The table had 2 chairs....with some less than desirable green slightly shiny fabric...


















I had 2 of these fabulous Eames chairs, with one of my all time favorite
Maharam Fabric by Quatrefoil by Alexander Girard .


















I thought about ordering more Maharam Fabric but it is crazy expensive,
even with my designer discount. I found this stripe at JoAnn's Fabric, at 60% off it was
only $12.00 a yard. VERY affordable!


















I think they coordinate nicely!














I have also been spending some time in my studio creating some pieces with findings from the beach.
































































I should put them in my upcoming show.....
Higgins Beach Association Craft Show
This Friday and Saturday!
BUT, I really want to keep them!

1 comment:

  1. the beach finding pieces are great.... i might be fighting for one of those at the craft show.... love them.

    ReplyDelete