Monday, January 24, 2011

I almost drop kick my sewing machine today.

Sewing machines are sooo damn touchy....bobbin this, tension that!
I am trying to talk my husband in to becoming a sewing machine repair man. hee! hee!
The only downfall to a lucrative career as a repair man
would be the absolute crazy people (like me),
that have been driven over the edge by their frigin' machines.
Nothing else can send me into a crazed tail spin more than a misbehaving sewing machine.
After a lot of deep breathing and meditation, I did manage to make a skirt today.
I love these skirts from Old Navy, they are a major staple in my wardrobe.
















The only problem with the skirts is the lack of quality of the fabric.
After a couple of washes....it's a pilled mess.
I guess at $20.00, it should be expected.
I found this skirt on Athleta, but $54.00 is a bit much for a jersey skirt.













I found some jersey knit corduroy;
it was on clearance for $2.50 a yard.
I took apart an old Old Navy skirt, and used it as my pattern.
















It was incredibly easy.
The best part was having a skirt that I loved the fit of as a pattern!

You can adjust the length by folding over the top.


















You can leave it longer, by not folding it over.


















I have plans to make a couple more. The gray fabric on top is a bamboo/modal.
It is quite dreamy! The fuschia is similar to the blue.














My 8 year old took this photo...before I had the chance to iron it. Blek!

1 comment: