Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I'm looking for something in pink....

My step daughter told me a few months go that "I love pink".
This is what I hear..."must find pink things for Kirsten".
It's a quest. We all need quests!
People who now me, know that I have an innate ability to find things that people need.
Friends come to my house and say things like...."I love vintage potato mashers",
so I go into my magic cupboard and pull out, a few mashers for them to choose from.

I must say, I feel a bit defeated on my quest for pink.
I think Kirsten must have told everyone she knows to like pink as well.
Pink pyrex is almost impossible to find...even though I know I have seen it in the past.
You can get a set on ebay for around $100.00.  I say blek to that. It's not that Kirsten isn't worth a hundred dollar set of bowls....it's just that I know I will find them....I just know I will!
I have found these items so far, along with some lovely vintage linens...


















I do have a pink planter, and butter dish that I haven't photographed yet.
Got any pink? let me know! help my quest!

I have been in a nesting mode of sorts.
I have been focusing on my large bathroom....freshening it up, making it pretty.
Storage is always an issue, so here is a solution I thought I would share.
It's just a shoe organizer(home goods $6.99) that I nailed to the wall behind the door.
It holds hand towels, face cloths, q-tips, etc.




















new in the shop....water color kits.
All recycled materials (except the paint brush - new)
Cigar boxes, 50 cents each from Daddy's Cigar Shop.
vintage film canister, for carrying water.
water color paper - yard sale - cut to box size.
water colors - yard sales (yard sales are a great place to buy art supplies,
people have high expectations on their artistic abilities,
then are crushed when they realize that it takes work, and practice)


















this one is a  wooden box that I decoupaged.















One more thing....a yummy, super easy salad.
I had this in Littleton.  Step one....go to salad bar for raw broccoli,  califlower,  carrots. and red onion.
Most salad bars have craisins, and sunflower seed as well, so get some of those. I had craisins at home, so I didn't buy them at the salad bar.














chop all the veggies...














add seeds and dried cranberries(craisins)

















add salt, pepper, mayo, and a little balsamic vinegar.
so easy, so yummy, so good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment