Tuesday, February 22, 2011

some new decor

Here is my new craft/sewing nook.  
It still needs a little love, but I am definitely loving it so far.














I bought the desk at the mill store for $179.00, which is a lot, but it was a perfect fit!
I added a fabric skirting (curtain panel) to hide plastic storage containers,
which are underneath the desk, and full of crafting supplies.
The trim is a belt that I bought years ago from Old Navy.


















I bought this old book shelf at a yard sale for $1.00.
It needed a lot of love, so I started by painting it ivory.
































The metal pails are from Target, and were a buck a piece.
Twenty of them fit perfectly.  I bought a stencil,
and numbered them with the same ivory paint... 1-20.
Total cost for storage shelf...approx. $25.00


















The cork board is just a basic bulletin board that I purchased from the Goodwill for $3.00.
I covered it with linen ($6.00 with coupon),
and finished it off with black gross-grain ribbon ($2.99).
I used a staple gun to adhere the linen, and a bit of fabric glue for the ribbon.













The dresser was one that I had that I was using  in the bathroom for storage.
I actually found a better storage solution for the bathroom, so it was a good swap.
I painted it ivory, and filled it with treasures!
The jars on top are filled with buttons and ribbons.


















Now I just need to find the discipline to sit, and create!

No comments:

Post a Comment